Baldur's Gate Wiki
|Wiki Size:||2,140 pages see stats...|
The Baldur's Gate Wiki is about the video games and related novels set in the Forgotten Realms with Baldur's Gate in the title. Currently, there are six games released. The last released game is Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, which was released for Windows and Mac users at 15 November 2013.
The first wiki about the whole series of Baldur's Gate was founded in September 2009 and after the creation, it was soon abandoned by bureaucrats and administrators, which caused major problems editing the wiki. At January 2012, a second Baldur's Gate wiki was created, which focused only on Baldur's Gate, until both wiki's were merged in May 2013.
This wiki grows currently with 50-150 pages each month.
This wiki is about two series, the Bhaalspawn series and the Dark Alliance series. The Bhaalspawn series is about the resurrection of Bhaal, the Lord of Murder, who was slain in the Time of Troubles, an event 10 years before the first game, Baldur's Gate. In this western RPG series, the player controls the actions of a humanoid character created by the player. The player character can be a humanoid of in total six races and pick one of the eight classes or multi-class combination in Baldur's Gate. In the other three games, the player can choose seven humanoid races, eleven classes with the option of a large number of class kits and multi-class combination.
At some point in the story, the player learns that the character is a Bhaalspawn, who are the children of Bhaal, who can be all kinds of races and alignments. The sage Alaundo, prophecied that these children will saw chaos across the lands and kill each other or be killed by heroes, until all of them are dead and the essence of the children is returned to Bhaal, which makes it possible to resurrect the former god of Murder.
These four games are based on BioWare's Infinity Engine. The first game is based on the second edition of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons rulebook, while the other three are a mix between the second and the third edition.
- Baldur's Gate – released in 1998. The expansion pack Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast was released in 1999.
- Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn – released in 2000. The expansion pack Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal was released in 2001.
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition – released at 28 November 2012. It was to be released in September, but the developers decided to release it later, to improve the quality and add more content to the game.
- Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition – Released at 15 November 2013
The games below are action/adventurer games:
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
There are three novels written about the Bhaalspawn series with the same as the game or the expansion pack. They have an alterated story, but they follow the plot of the games. The protagonist of the serie is Abdel Adrian, who fills in the role of the player character in the novels.
- Baldur's Gate
- Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn
- Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal