Miraheze commits to:
- Be free of charge
- Have no ads
- Be 100% open-source (code)
- To run the most recent version of MediaWiki, offering a competitive collection of optional extensions
- Offer possibility for custom domains
- And HTTPS for all wikis
- Has friendly volunteer community support, open to your requests
- And supplies the possibility to have VisualEditor and Flow.
Miraheze does not allow wiki founders to fully manage their wiki; tools such as CheckUser and Oversight are only used by Miraheze Stewards, as they reveal personal information. Any extension at Miraheze can be requested, but it requires a security review before being installed. Miraheze Stewards only intervene in local communities at the request of the community or if there is vandalism on the wiki.
- JohnLewis (co-founder)
- Southparkfan (co-founder)