|Wiki Size:||250 pages see stats...|
|wikiFactor:||5 info / verify ...|
Metapedia – the alternative encyclopedia, is a white supremacist, pro-European encyclopedia covering what they see as culture, art, science, philosophy, and politics. Some people may be offended the racist nature of this site's content.
The word 'Metapedia' is derived from two concepts from classical greek: 'meta' that means 'outside' or 'beyond'; and 'enkyklios paideia' that means 'encyclopedia'. The name has a dual symbolic meaning:
- Metapedia sets its focus on topics that usually are not covered in — i.e. that falls outside of – mainstream encyclopedias.
- Metapedia has a metapolitical purpose, to influence the mainstream debate, culture and historical view.
- 2006 — Swedish version is launched, followed by the Danish version
- 2007 — German and English versions are launched together, followed by the French version, then the Portuguese and Czech versions, October sees the Slovak and the Spanish versions, and December sees the Hugarian version
- 2008 — Romanian version is launched
- 2009 — Norwegian version is launched, followed by the Estonian version
- 2011 — Dutch version is launched
- Mission statement 
- The possibility to influence the language is vital if you want to shape people's world view. The Frankfurt School, and their ideological heirs are good examples in this regard, and have been very successful in stigmatising previously natural and sound values and attitudes and making them seem pathological by inventing and popularising concepts such as 'xenophobia' and the like. This clearly illustrates the power of language and words, and it is therefore important that we start re-conquering our languages.
- Another important purpose of Metapedia is to become a web resource for pro-European activists. Metapedia makes it easy for our cadres to expand their knowledge on various important subjects, and also functions as a searchable reference.
- Furthermore, Metapedia gives us the opportunity to present a more balanced and fair image of the pro-European struggle for the general public, as well as for academics, who until now, have been dependent on strongly biased and hostile 'researchers' like Searchlight, Anti-Defamation League, Southern Poverty Law Center, Simon Wiesenthal Center, and such.
- Metapedia welcomes those who willing to contribute constructively to this noble effort."
Metapedia was added to spam blacklists of the German and French Wikipedias and in 2008 was added to the global Wikimedia blacklist. There was dispute as to whether Metapedia posed an actual spam problem or whether its content was simply illegal under the laws of some countries; for example, laws against Holocaust denial or against hate speech.
- External links
- Metapedia.org – Metapedia portal
- Metapedia – on RationalWiki
- Metapedia – on English Wikipedia
- List of Metapedias, from WikiStats by s23.org
Croatian / Hrvatski (hr) • Czech / Česky (cs) • Danish / Dansk (da) • Dutch / Nederlands (nl) • English (en) • Estonian / Eesti (et) • French / Français (fr) • German / Deutsch (de) • Greek / Ελληνικά (el) • Hungarian / Magyar (hu) • Icelandic / Íslenska (is) • Macedonian / Македонски (mk) • Norwegian / Norsk (bokmål) (no) • Portuguese / Português (pt) • Romanian / Română (ro) • Slovakian / Slovenčina (sk) • Spanish / Español (es) • Swedish / Svenska (sv)