interesting - what is this page for? :) Chinarut 07:40, 1 July 2006 (EDT)
Hello Ruangchotvit Chinarut
- couple things, saw that you like mind maps, check out --> PietroSperoniWiki - they at least introduce the idea of mind maps in wiki.
- read/skim http://recentchanges.info to see what projects we have noticed and posted to our weblog.
- as far a project management, I don't have a ton of experience, but I do know that you need to be a wiki champion and make the wiki the only place to do a task, to get people used to it. Would love to chat via skype anytime. Best, MarkDilley
- ok - i think i've come the conclusion i have to outline some basic Project Management:Use Cases so I can match the technology to the business need!
- Confluence does look like it has potential...let me sit on it.
your new person button didn't put the structured data in my profile - just FYI Chinarut 05:18, 1 July 2006 (EDT)
- I think it is inteneded to give some structure for you to fill out, I will have to see... MarkDilley
- it looks like the structure for a wiki reference - I don't have my own wiki yet :)
have you found a wiki with a edit module with the sophistication of the concurrent editing like writely? 05:24, 1 July 2006 (EDT)
Why do you think I reccommended you move from ChinarutRuangchotvit to here? ;-)
- There should be a move tab at the top of the page, or cut and paste! ;-)
- should be done now! (my login timed out :)
- "style of community building and working in an emotionaless medium of text that I believe works well."
see WikiIndex:60DayHappening#Agenda_setting for a bit of talk.
ok - in the spirit of inventing wiki-based communication and addressing my communication breakdown, I am compiling our threads here - this is clearly an experiment in process ;-)
- Recent Changes - I'm looking for is the mother of all dashboards to oversees all the communities I steward.
- how do you monitor recent changes across several wikis?
- I want to oversee both discussion threads and wikis. I'd like to hear your objections against o.net - it seems to do a pretty good job in this space without having to resort to external systems like email or RSS. my only gripe - I can't oversee both my gmail and o.net in one place (small cost right now)
- Concurrent Editing - synchroedit might be good for documents - how about concurrent editing of individual wiki sections? like is edit this section "Discussion threads" at the same time?
- Socialtext - I'm not clear what the value of socialtext "email this page" has (the page I sent you) - what do you think?
- Full name logins - yes, this is a big issue for Thai people some of which have longer names than I do. in fact, most Thais have short nicknames like "Oey", "Oui", "Kae" just to deal with the issue. I prefer "chinarut" for all my logins on the internet, it's unique ;)
- Asia Commons - thanks for taking a edit and send this before end of the day
ok - Google Mail "conversation management" is going to be some tough competition to a wiki-based method - let the games begin! :)