- This policy page is in its infancy. Please edit and post to the talk page to collaborate.
WikiIndex hosts images and other files in order to enhance the text content. These media can provide context and make pages more visually appealing. Common deletion reasons are listed at the interface page MediaWiki:Filedelete-reason-dropdown and include:
- Copyright violation: depending on the license of a certain piece of media and if someone wants to enforce copyright, we may not rehost someone else's images, sounds, or videos.
- Author request: files which have been uploaded by a user and that same user asks that it be deleted. This also applies to content in other namespaces.
- Duplicated file: unneeded copies of the same file.
- Not a wiki logo: most of the files uploaded here are images and most of those images are wiki logos. We do not provide free personal hosting and files which are not wiki logos should have a clear justification for existing on this site. It's incumbent upon uploaders to provide a rationale for why we should have files that they place here.
- Incorrect image: factually incorrect (e.g. a logo which is of a different site or a photograph of a wiki person which is actually a photograph of someone else).
- Empty file, no image/video: corrupted or otherwise blank media
- Unused: files which are not transcluded into any other pages and which have no clear use for the wiki.
- Obscene: content relevant to the mission of WikiIndex but which is rather patently obscene or meant to arouse, frighten or anger even reasonable folks than constructively depicting the topic of a wiki or otherwise supportive in the understanding of its mission.
File deletion is up to the discretion of an admin and it is reversible. Accidents happen and if you feel like a file deletion was an accident, please contact the deleting admin to review.