- Started 14 November 2014
- Completed 15 March 2015 ... please report issues on User_talk:BrandonCsSanders
Tasks not done before or during the move
- Cleaning up the userlist
- Spam accounts from 20 August 2013 attack (it would be nice to be rid of them, they make for example http://wikiindex.org/Special:ListUsers much less useful)
- Amongst the large number of unused accounts there could be a mentionable amount of accounts which could not be activated due to the recent but now solved e-mail-Verification problem. These should not be deleted: (unused, unblocked, but with email).
- See Preventing account creation for the discussed transition from Special:AbuseFilter to mw:Extension:TitleBlacklist (installed recently) Manorainjan (talk) 22:47, 14 November 2014 (UTC)
- Who will do an update on http://www.aboutus.org/WikiIndex.org? Or create the entry about
create.wiki? (Update: redirect to Wiki.Wiki)
- Change of domain or name ... see WikiIndex:ServerName
- Change of logo
Is this move to another server, another farm, or also another domain?
The move is to a new server on a different mediawiki hosting platform. A different domain (e.g., index.wiki) can be adopted after the move if desired but the domain will remain unchanged during the move. (See WikiIndex:ServerName)
How does it relate to Wiki.Wiki?
Top Level Design is hosting some friendly wikis on their Wiki.Wiki farm for free. The Wiki.Wiki site is just the landing page for the hosting platform (i.e., wiki farm). There is no reason why Wiki.Wiki would be visible to any visitors to WikiIndex.
- Can I see an example?
See http://IcannWiki.com for an example of a friendly wiki that has been moved to the Wiki.Wiki hosting platform. Notice that there are no references to the fact that it is hosted on the Wiki.Wiki farm anywhere on ICANNWiki.
Can we move to Index.Wiki or another domain name?
Yes. after the move is complete. See WikiIndex:ServerName for that discussion.