Report any problems here
- The 1.6.5 MediaWiki Upgrade is complete
Check your preferences to see the email options.
The Upgrade did NOT resolve the feed problem and I have opened up an entry below.
Everything else seems to be ok. Check it out and report any problems below.
Check out the New Wiki page input boxes in the right panel.
Click on the Google logo below and note where it gets the image from and where it navigates to, very cool!
John Stanton 15:35, 10 May 2006 (EDT)
The upgrade did not cure the RSS feed problem but it now looks like the problem may be caused by a blank first line in the actual xml feed. This upgrade changed all the code files back to the standard package and only the monobook.php (skin) and the localsettings.php (config file) were changed for our installation.
- This same package works properly on all of our other wikis (ver 1.45 and ver 1.6.5)
- The problem has not changed between versions
- Can detect nothing in the WikiIndex:Feed.php that might be causing the problem
I think something in the database may be generating this problem since everything else has changed and all the other wikis work fine. Any ideas????
RSS Problem is solved!!!! Turns out that there were two blank lines at the end of the extension, thumbnail.php, (is anyone using this extension ???) This extension came from Name Intelligence and I think was used to import whois info. Are we still using it??? I stripped off the two offending lines and it work :-) go figure... John Stanton 17:10, 17 May 2006 (EDT)
I typed "Fête de l’Internet" to add http://www.communitywiki.org/odd/FêteInternet/Accueil to the index. The place that used to have a redlink allowing me to start a new page now reads: No page with this exact title exists, <a href=":Fête de l’Internet" class="new">create an article with this title.</a> -- TedErnst | talk 16:50, 9 May 2006 (EDT)
- Looks like the new version doesn't support that syntax... bummer!
- I added the inputbox extension to the wiki and implemented it on the NoGoMatch message. Works just like the old version, just type the page name in the search box, hit the Add button and you will see the inputbox with the page name as the default. Check it out!
- John Stanton 17:36, 9 May 2006 (EDT)
I have the email me on pages changes option turned off and yet I received an email for a change of a page on my watchlist. I don't want this. How do I really turn it off? TedErnst | talk 08:49, 11 May 2006 (EDT)
My watchlist doesn't mention email. In fact, it's not my whole watchlist that's emailing me on changes, it's only user talk pages. My email on pages changes option is off. E-mail me when my user talk page is changed is on but I'm getting notified about your user talk page as well, not just my own. TedErnst | talk 15:19, 13 May 2006 (EDT)
- I got notified of your entry on my page and Mark's page but not the one to David Cary's page. It must notify all sysop of changes in hopes of keeping them all in sync. What happened on your end???
I did not get notified of any of them, probably since it knows it was me doing the editing. How 'bout you now edit those same three user pages (yours, Mark's and David's) to see what I get? TedErnst | talk 14:57, 14 May 2006 (EDT)
- Done, check it now!
I received emails from all 4, John, David, Mark and myself. I suppose it's alright. It makes sure I won't miss a response to a message I left on someone's talk page. TedErnst | talk 19:30, 14 May 2006 (EDT)
- I got no response to my own posts, just like you. If it gets out of control I suppose you could establish another, non-sysop account and redirect everything to that. I kind of like it now that I understand what is happening. John Stanton 19:41, 14 May 2006 (EDT)
I have added the CharInsert extension to WikiIndex and that places a list of special language characters in a box below the edit box. You can position the cursor in the edit box, select one of the special characters and it will be inserted at the cursor position. Check it out. John 19:37, 18 May 2006 (EDT)