|Wiki Size:||247 pages see stats...|
(As of: 2006-12-31 – via Archive.org)
Wiki-Law, the legal resource anyone can edit. Initially stylised as Wikilaw, its goal was to build the largest open content legal resource in the world. It was subsequently modified: "Wiki-Law's mission is to be a resource to the US legal community". Please contribute to the Wiki-Treatises, Wiki-Motions, Wiki-Law-Dictionary, Wiki-Law-Articles, and Democracy 2.0.
Wiki-Law-Dictionary seeks to collaboratively produce a comprehensive law dictionary that is free for anyone to consult.
Wiki-Law Case Briefs seeks to collaboratively produce case briefs of cases in all areas of law.
Wiki-Law-Review is the first collaborative law review.
Wiki-Motions seeks to aid practitioners in drafting memos to support their motions.
- Wiki Democracy
Wiki Democracy (previously 'Democracy 2.0') is a Wikilaw experiment that hypothesizes that a wide range of individuals, not just politicians and special interest groups, can contribute to the creation of our nation's laws. All laws listed in this section are the collaborative effort of the Wiki Democracy community. The site aggregates the viewpoints of all users, after a large number of edits, to reach a consensus on what laws society should impose on us. Wiki Democracy hyopthesizes that collaboration through a wiki will filter social norms, transform these social norms into legislation, which in turn will produce superior laws to govern society.
When initially created, Wiki-Law was originally licensed under a dual license, namely the GNU Free Documentation License (GNU FDL, or GFDL), and the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License (CC-BY-SA 2.5). The license was later changed to the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 (CC-BY-NC 2.5).
- Wikilaw (Wikilaw.free.fr) — a defunct French site, independently hosted, powered by GetWiki, founded 2004
- Wikilaw (Wiki-Law.org) — a former United States English site powered by MediaWiki from 2005 to 2007, now defunct
- WikiLaw (Law.ElWiki.com) — a defunct British site, hosted by ElWiki, powered by MediaWiki, founded 2006
- WikiLaw (WikiLaw.org) — a defunct United States site, founded 2006, URLs originally redirected to JurisPedia (en), now redirects to JurisPedia
- WikiLaw (theWikiLaw.org) — a defunct United States site, independently hosted, powered by MediaWiki, founded 2018
And for all additional wiki sites which cover law in any capacity, see: category: Law.