Difference between revisions of "User talk:Luis Anton Imperial"
(→WikiFree has been archived?: new section)
(→WikiFree has been archived?)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
== WikiFree has been archived? ==
== WikiFree has been archived? ==
2017 and You seemed not to be interested in anymore. Now the . I would like to have access to the WikiFree wikifarm for testing and studying purposes. Thanks. --[[User:Usa11|Usa11]] ([[User talk:Usa11|talk]]) 19:52, 4 June 2020 (UTC)
Revision as of 19:53, 4 June 2020
Hello, Luis Anton Imperial! — Welcome to WikiIndex :-)
|WikiIndex aims to build bridges between wiki communities. We hope that you will enjoy browsing and editing this site.
Our goal is to make an index of all wiki sites. We appreciate your help in our quest.
Your contributions are greatly valued.
Welcome When I created your account, the software automatically generates a blank page. Another admin usually comes along and deletes these, so I figured I would save him the trouble. Koavf (talk) 07:11, 3 June 2015 (PDT)
New language category
- Telugu and Tagalog are completely different, dude. Tagalog is used here in the Philippines, while Telugu is used in India. Luis (talk) (guestbook) 18:31, 3 June 2015 (PDT)
OK, I guess I corrected it now. Manorainjan 04:24, 4 June 2015 (PDT)
The "Add a Wiki" function is only for beginners and not well written yet. Manorainjan 07:20, 5 June 2015 (PDT)
What is the difference to Category:Randomness? Please give every category which You create a definition of what it stands for and how to use this category. Examples: Category:Ideology and Category:Sandbox whereas the later contains also a definition of what it is not and where to find that which it is not. Manorainjan 05:34, 11 June 2015 (PDT)
Is there any wiki where WIKINAME.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Top/mostvisited works? --Manorainjan 07:26, 5 December 2015 (PST)
- Well, it used to work. Now it just shows an error. And Luis (talk • contribs • guestbook) 16:23, 17 December 2015 (PST)
Hello! I see that You removed Your status of WikiFree administrator from Your userpage. What is the future of WikiFree? There were connection problems, but now the page works again. Is the site officially closed? Can You please update the page WikiFree Hub? Regards, --Usa11 (talk) 12:34, 23 December 2017 (PST)
- Let me tell you the story of WikiFree. Once upon a time, I was browsing through the Anti-Wikia Alliance (awa.shoutwiki.com)'s main page's talk page. An IP posted a talk page message saying that there's a new wiki farm and it's called WikiFree, and it should be added to AWA's Main Page. I head over to WikiFree for curiosity's sake, and there's this guy named "Mcb1209" (sometimes called "TheNintendoFan1209" on other sites) who is the founder of the farm and only admin of the site. A few days after I registered an account on WikiFree, he emailed me, and gave me the username and password for the wiki farm. He said in the email he needed help. I got control of the wiki farm. Since I got access to the farm, he never edited there, ever again.
- At this point in time, I just assumed he doesn't want the wiki farm anymore, and simply gave it away to a 13-year-old who he thought had more experience. I created some wikis there, and I created meta wikis like a WikiFree Commons (think of Wikimedia Commons or Uncyclomedia Commons) and a Tagalog WikiFree Hub. But then, over time, I just didn't like managing my own farm anymore, so I moved out all my wikis to another web hosts, to save myself the trouble of... 1.) AlterVista's limits. AlterVista required me to upgrade to Pro or else everyone gets an error in Italian that says I've reached the bandwidth limit. 2.) Spammers. They're hard to stop and I don't want the burden of dealing with them alone.
- I wanted everyone to stop knowing about it. I even thought about deleting it. I just don't care about it, and I don't want anything to do with it. Mike (Mcb) probably doesn't either, since he left after giving me the password to its AlterVista's Control Panel. Luis (talk • contribs • guestbook) 02:51, 27 December 2017 (PST)
- Thank You for telling me the story of WikiFree and Merry Christmas to You too. I understand that it's nearly impossible to host a wiki farm on a free platform like AlterVista. If You even think again about deleting it, don't do it and contact me here on WikiIndex. I would be interested, just for testing and studying purposes, to have access to WikiFree and its code. --Usa11 (talk) 08:10, 27 December 2017 (PST)
WikiFree has been archived?
Hello! We spoke back in 2017 and You seemed not to be interested in WikiFree anymore. Now I see that the wikifarm has been archived by AlterVista. Can You please give me the password for the WikiFree wikifarm? I would like to have access to the WikiFree wikifarm for testing and studying purposes. Thanks. --Usa11 (talk) 19:52, 4 June 2020 (UTC)