WikiIndex:WikiProject - By Size
WikiIndex currently doesn't categorize wikis by size. This project aims to add such categorization. The page is where we'll develop the internal categorization scheme as well as where we'll share what we know about how to get size information from wikis running on various engines. Please jump in and help!
Augmentation of the Template:Wiki Boilerplate
Two new variables have to be made automatically linking into the respecive categories.
How to get size information
Most wiki engines provide statistics somewhere including a page count. Here's how to find them for various wiki engines (although it can also depend on version)
- Category:MediaWiki: Replace Special:Recentchanges with Special:Statistics
- Category:MoinMoin: Replace RecentChanges with SystemInfo or System_Info
- Category:UseModWiki: Replace ?RecentChanges with ?action=index
- Category:ProWiki: Replace ?RecentChanges with ?action=spx
- Category:PmWiki: Search for / and scroll to the bottom
- Category:Twiki: Replace /WebChanges with /WebIndex
- Category:Oddmuse: In RecentChanges click on 1 day and replace ?action=rc;days=1;all=0;showedit=0 with ?action=index