WikiIndex - wikis, wiki people, wiki software, and wiki ideas
Revision as of 23:44, 5 March 2006 by TedErnst (moved from work in progress)
Wiki-Noding is an important project that will ultimately allow users to discover entire wiki worlds by traversing the node network. See WikiNodes for more info.
- Add Wiki Node link to the article page (if any), if not, create one on the destination site first. This step generally needs to be done for a group of related wikis before the next step below.
- There is a proposal in Proposals that is for creating future links instead of creating a WikiNode.
- Add Wiki Nodes of neighbors at destination site. This can be done more easily after step one, where WikiNodes are present in the group of wikis that are in view.
- Here are a couple of MediaWiki examples (would be good to add examples from each engine):
- http://www.chicagowikiarts.org/wiki/index.php?title=WikiNode (here's a minimal one without any neighbors yet, or even knowing anything about the wiki itself)
- http://www.acadine.org/w/WikiNode (note that this doesn't link back to wikiindex, so needs to be edited)
- Here is an example that is less clear:
- Toothy Cat
- Amongst several issues, this brings up how to link back to WikiIndex. If we include a pointer back to our Wiki-Node, does that mean that we have to include them in our neighbor listing? Or should we just link back to the project? If we don't know of other wikis that would be included on the wiki node, should we hold off on creating one for a wiki? or not? Best, MarkDilley | talk
- Toothy Cat