Wikia Community Communication
|Wiki size:||49 article pages|
(As of: 2015-11-03 – via Archive.org)
The Wikia Community Communication Project, also known merely as Community, a Wikia lifestyle wiki, was an attempt to find better ways for communities to interact, to share information – to communicate. Ideally, this would lead to the identification or discovery of a model (a group of principles or structures) that could scale to fit a particular size community (say, a campus or a neighborhood or a city and so on).
Imagine trying to solve a community problem and being able to tie into the most appropriate, effective, and efficient modes of communication you need: whether printed newsletters and flyers, video and television, web and email, facilitated group meetings, radio and telephone, personal contact, and so on.
Imagine developing a comprehensive, or unified, way for our communities to communicate: to communify who we are, where we are.
While there are several pieces already available and some already in use, the puzzle still hasn't been pieced together into a comprehensive picture. It is exactly that picture we seek. The slogan I return to again and again is "Our community is content-rich, but distribution-poor".
This wiki has been offline since late 2015.
- CommunityWiki — an original multilingual community wiki 'jam site', powered by Oddmuse, now invitation-only;
- Community Wiki (Rosemart.org) — a former project to help parents and professionals deal with disabled and/or troubled children;
- Pentaho Community Wiki — the original wiki for Pentaho, powered by Confluence from Atlassian;
- Wiki community — WikiIndex article page about a network of co-operating wikis on related subjects; to help promote membership and co-operation between wikis;
- Wikia Community Central — a series of forums in many different languages for discussing all aspects of Wikia;
- Wikia Community Communication — the Community Communication Project was an attempt to find better ways for communities to interact, to share information, to communicate.