- WikiIndex.org (contributions) user id 2619
- MediaWiki.org (contributions)
- Semantic-MediaWiki.org (contributions)
- TranslateWiki.net (contributions)
- WikiApiary (contributions)
|Welcome to WikiIndex, Kghbln :-)|
مرحبا! Bienvenue! Witaj! Вітаем! Здравствуйте! !שלם Willkommen! Bienvenidos! Mirë se vjen! 歡迎光臨! Vítáme tě! Welkom! Bonvenon! კეთილი იყოს შენი მობრძანება! Bemmenute! Maligayang pagdating! Selamat datang!
|WikiIndex builds bridges between wiki communities. We hope that you will enjoy browsing and editing this site.
Our goal is to make an index of all wiki sites.
Proxima Centauri 08:41, 8 August 2009 (EDT)
- Hi Proxima Centauri, thank you for your cordial welcome on this wiki. Best regards --kgh 08:19, 7 September 2009 (EDT)
Good to see you here :-)
- Hi Mark, I am pleased to here this. I enjoy working with you, too! --kgh 09:20, 6 August 2010 (EDT)
Your thoughts on upgrade and logo
Hi - can you check out, contribute if you want - WikiIndex:Admin Notes#October 2010 Upgrade Thoughts - best, MarkDilley
- Hi Mark, thank your for pointing at this discussion. Hope that you are well. Cheers --kgh 07:59, 1 November 2010 (PDT)
Upgrade and logo stuff - open to all
- Hi Mark, thank you for dropping a notice for me. Cheers --kgh 01:50, 24 May 2011 (PDT)
Tweaking your message
Re: The wiki world is very small
Ah, the German translation of PCR GUI Inserts :) It is a tiny wiki world indeed... that's probably why we have so few contributors at W4G ^^ Patheticcockroach 21:04, 1 June 2011 (PDT)
Not gone, just struggling!
Hi, I just need to get the domain updated, was trying to switch to a cheaper registrar, but just going to bite the bullet and keep GoDaddy. Best, MarkDilley
- also, I will need to take control of hosting UEB - as the current person has retired! :-) so, maybe you could help with that?
- Hi Mark, I just read you message. Yes it would be possible to host UEB on my server. Therefore, the domain will have to be transferred technically to Germany. Thus you would still be listed as the registrant and admin of the domain whilst the provider of my server will become the tech. I would offer the hosting as such for free in exchange for some link to my service like "powered by ..." at the bottom of the page. However there are still the costs for the domain to be dealt with. ORG retails at 2 EUR/month purchase costs without any profit. Cheers --[[kgh]] 07:12, 4 July 2011 (PDT)
Thanks for work on the form
protecting wiki pages
- Hi Mark, I know, but I think that the form should be protected, since it has effect on thousands of pages … Concerning SMW I added a note whilst blocking the page which says that it is a protection for a limited time only. Still you may of course change this. No doubt about that. I think that we basically have the same opinion. Cheers --[[kgh]] 12:23, 4 August 2011 (PDT)
- Hi Mark, I just removed the protection of that page since it is not longer linked from main page. Cheers --[[kgh]] 15:37, 26 April 2012 (PDT)
Do you know what happened here?
- No, I am afraid not. I seems that the babel boxes got broken somehow. Probably some scripting or css problem. I removed the boxes from my user page too, because of this. Cheers --[[kgh]] 10:51, 7 February 2012 (PST)
- Yeah, cool to see you around here, too. :) --[[kgh]] (talk) 13:04, 4 April 2013 (PDT)
Geography of Germany
Hi, are you able to sub-divide the German section of the Regiowikis article into say federal states of Germany please. I made a start on sub-grouping Bavaria - but my knowledge of individual states of Germany is limited - and I wouldn't like to group a wiki into an incorrect state :( Thanks in advance, best regards :) --Sean, aka Hoof Hearted • Admin • talk2HH 00:46, 5 April 2013 (PDT)
- Done. I accidentally saw you message that early since I do not get mail notifications. Lucky you. :) --[[kgh]] (talk) 14:03, 9 April 2013 (PDT)
- As long as the world continues turing, everything is ok. ;) --[[kgh]] (talk) 14:45, 9 April 2013 (PDT)
- Heiya Mark, that's cool. Thank you so much for this barnstar! Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 13:46, 3 May 2013 (PDT) PS I just checked. There are even two different UEB add-ons available for Chrome.
- URL for both? Best, MarkDilley
Have you received your talk page notification?
- Nothing. :( --[[kgh]] (talk) 20:24, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
narrowing down the problem with email verification
I (Manorainjan ;-) assume, that Your account is email-verified. Please add the domain part of Your email to this Table of results so that we can see more clearly, which servers work and which not.
- You assumed correctly. :) However, just as of today I got the very first notice via the most recent post on my talk page. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 17:28, 15 November 2014 (UTC)
- Obviously since I have done so on 8. August 2009. Thought that I registered earlier here. --[[kgh]] (talk) 17:38, 15 November 2014 (UTC)
Request for ServerMove concerns
I wanted to be sure to draw your attention to the upcoming ServerMove and solicit your help in making the transition a positive rather than negative experience. Please take a moment to visit ServerMove and curate the list of concerns. Thanks! -- BrandonCsSanders (talk) 22:38, 14 November 2014 (UTC) (call forwarded by Manorainjan (talk) 23:20, 14 November 2014 (UTC))
- Thank you for notifying. This is acutally the very first time I got an e-mail notification from wikiindex.org. Great! --[[kgh]] (talk) 17:27, 15 November 2014 (UTC)
- I think that it is confusing to find WikiIndex at Index.Wiki. Also WikiIndex is aready a cool and establised brand whereas IndexWiki is not. This would sorta be a restart. Additonally the internet knows WikiIndex.org for nearly nine years and a redirect to Index.wiki is not as nice. Index.wiki also puts more emphasis on wiki than on indexing and finally IndexWiki directly tells you this website is about indexing wikis whereas index.wiki only tells visitors that it is a website called index (for what?) using the .wiki tld. -- That's just a braistrom. Probably there a pros and conts for every concern here. However, I am only a relatively new member and not a very active one. So thougts of others may have much more weight on this. Cheers and thank you very much for asking. Much appreciated, indeed! Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 11:12, 16 November 2014 (UTC)
Du hast "* Kghbln, though my only very big concern would be a change of the domain name. However, this is not part of the server move and a totally different topic." unter "no concerns" eingetragen. Sicher der falsche Platz. Dort sollte nur Dein Name stehen. Alles andere deutet darauf hin, dass er dort nicht stehen sollte. Und die Änderung des Domain Namens ist Teil des Moves!. Also.... Manorainjan (talk) 12:26, 16 November 2014 (UTC)
- I believe it will be good if you could write in English. I am able to read but who else is? Thank you. --[[kgh]] (talk) 14:56, 16 November 2014 (UTC)
- Let's put this discussion to rest. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 16:12, 16 November 2014 (UTC)
- Da wird wohl die vom ausführenden Benutzer gewählte Sprache verwendet und nicht die der Installation. Nun ja, sein Begehr war ja auch auf Italienisch, Spanisch, Portugisisch oder was auch immer. Da hilft dann Google translator. :) --[[kgh]] (talk) 18:28, 15 November 2014 (UTC)
- War wohl Spanisch wie ich da gerade sehe. --[[kgh]] (talk) 18:29, 15 November 2014 (UTC)
- Obviously and utterly wrong, since there is no such engine like Wikia. They use MediaWiki. I realised that this mistake is on every wiki using is. To bad, so I will revert myself. Thanks for the note. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 18:58, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
I guess the combination of the MW-ngine being "heavily modified" and the large number of such wikis justifies the introduction of such "engine". The question would be, in how far a known engine needs to be modified to justify giving it its own name and also how we would get to know about that? Manorainjan (talk) 20:22, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
- It was Hoof Hearted's idea to make that change, which was implemented en masse by my bot. Leucosticte (talk) 05:21, 18 November 2014 (UTC)
- Probably was not the best of ideas. However, this wiki is more about showing the existence and the scope of wikis rather than technical nitpicks. So no worries ... --[[kgh]] (talk) 12:26, 18 November 2014 (UTC)
Weigh in on WikiIndex:ServerName#Poll?
I wanted to be sure to draw your attention to a potential decision to change the domain of this wiki. I hope you'll weigh in with your opinion. Thanks! BrandonCsSanders (talk) 20:09, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you for notifying me. Much appreciated. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 20:57, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
Don't be a stranger
Hi, I only removed some of your privileges because you hadn't edited here for a while. But I would much prefer if you could come back to WikiIndex, as you have an awesome knowledge of MediaWiki, and more importantly, you are one of the 'good guys'! :-P So please don't be a stranger. Warmest regards, Sean, aka Hoof Hearted • Admin / 'Crat • talk2HH 03:45, 2 May 2017 (PDT)
- Hi, no worries, this does not have any affect on my activity here, e.g. on MediaWiki.org I am among the ten most active users but not an admin. Also I have extended privileges on a lot of wikis but this does not influence my overall activity. This sometimes just changes the kind of task I do, but that's all. As a matter of fact I should not have been a checkuser before and this is why I wrote you. Cheers --[[kgh]] (talk) 07:42, 2 May 2017 (PDT)