|Wiki size:||1,035 article pages see stats|
(As of: 26 June 2015)
Ameriwiki was an encyclopedia with a U.S. centric, or 'Americentric', conservative, Christian-friendly viewpoint. Founded on June 10th, 2011 by George Fitzgerald, the wiki is comprised of: An Encyclopedia of the history of the United States of America, including, but not limited to:
- Articles on all fifty States, territories, cities, and cultural areas;
- Biographies of the major and minor personalities in American history and culture;
- Detailed histories of major and minor events, art, music, literature and other aspects of culture;
- A library of historical documents;
- A history of Christianity and religion within America;
- A general-content encyclopedia covering many subjects in science, philosophy, the arts, sport, and any other subject areas.
The wiki was later changed to be "tolerant to all points of view," after George Fitzgerald was banned permanently from the site and founded Conservatism Wiki, along with his friend Ronald, and user:Elvis is King to compete with Ameriwiki.
As of November 14, 2013, the .org site was domain parked and the content of the encyclopedia is gone.
On June 21st, 2014, an attempt was made to restart the wiki on the old wikkii domain. Users are able to edit anonymously but account creation is restricted to administrators.
The wiki has since disappeared due to the closing of the Wikkii wiki farm, and all iterations of Ameriwiki have disappeared with no backups or Wayback pages available; this includes the Wikkii, Referata, and independent sites. The spin-off wikis Ameriwiki inspired are also offline (Conservatism Wiki, RealWiki, Video Game Wiki, Ameriwiki forums, Amerimeta) with no known archives.
- See also