Ruwiki is a simple, extensible wiki (engine) written in Ruby. It supports both Common Gateway Interface (CGI) and WEBrick interfaces, templates, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) formatting. Additionally, Ruwiki supports project namespaces, so that two pages can be named the same for differing projects without colliding or odd naming conventions. Please see the Ruwiki project for more information.
Ruwiki is also an internationalised wiki, although more testing, especially testing with multibyte character encodings and Unicode (UTF-8) is required. There are German and Spanish localisations of the messages included with the Ruwiki distribution.
The current version is 0.9.3. Enhancements and changes include:
- a deployment system, whereby Ruwiki deployments can be installed from a package manager like that used for RPA (rpa-base) or RubyGems (see RuwikiUtilities);
- support for Ruwiki as a Windows service on NT, 2000, XP, and 2003 systems;
- demotion of YAML and Marshal storage types to formats of the Flat-files storage type;
- external user authentication (currently to RubyForge only);
- anti-spam efforts including robot and IP exclusion and URL redirection (see Antispam); and
- protection against cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks with HTML and CSS cleaning.
If you are upgrading from a version of Ruwiki older than 0.8.0, please read RuwikiUtilities.
- Projects in Ruwiki