|Wiki Size:||354 pages see stats...|
(Files as of: 2022-01-16)
Commons Archive wiki site was originally an independent unofficial repository for source materials of works on the Wikimedia Commons wiki site, specifically, file types which were not allowed on Wikimedia Commons. Founded April 2012 by Derrick Coetzee, and located at CommonsArchive.org, the original site went down in May 2015. Users from that original independent Commons Archive then forked the project in to Wikimedia Labs in 2015, itself a Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) wiki, and was originally located at Tools.WMFLabs.org/commonsarchive/, though it is now located at CommonsArchive.WMFLabs.org.
Now an official Wikimedia Foundation wiki site, logging-in on the current WMF Commons Archive wiki is done by OAuth (Open Authorisation), and settings require the user to be an autoconfirmed user already at Wikimedia Commons.
This current WMF-hosted Commons Archive wiki was operated by User:Zhuyifei1999 (now retired) and User:Steinsplitter. Derrick Coetzee, the founder of the original unofficial wiki, has no input in this new wiki site.
Please do not store private data on the Commons Archive wiki, because it is hosted on Tools (not production).
The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. (WMF), founded 20 June 2003, is the wiki company and non-profit charitable organization responsible for a very large number (over 900 in total) of very active wiki sites, grouped together and known as 'projects'; as well as the wiki engine software initially developed by themselves, known as MediaWiki. The Wikimedia Foundations' major wiki projects include Wikipedia (encyclopedias), Wiktionary (dictionary and thesaurus), Wikiquote (quotations), Wikibooks (open content textbooks), Wikisource (free content primary- and secondary-source texts), Wikinews (news source), Wikiversity (open learning community), Wikispecies (free species directory), and many others as listed below. Most of these projects have separate wiki site versions written in many different languages. There is also the Wikimedia Commons (shared repository for documents, images, videos, and other media and text files), Wikidata (central space knowledge base for data used on all WMF projects), and the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki (coordination of issues common to all Wikimedia projects). The Wikimedia Foundations' global reach is nurtured in its Incubator, where all new language versions for all projects are initiated and developed before being launched as a new separate wiki site. The Foundations' most recent major project, Wikivoyage (a 'travelpedia'), was inducted to WMF in late 2012.
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is a member of the Open Source Initiative (OSI). Furthermore, the Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, granted April 2005, headquartered at 1 Montgomery Street, Suite 1600, San Francisco County, State of California 94104, United States of America.
Wikipedia • Wiktionary • Wikiquote • Wikibooks • Wikisource • Wikinews • Wikiversity • Wikispecies • MediaWiki.org • Wikidata • Commons • Commons Archive • Wikivoyage • Meta-Wiki • Incubator • Wikitech • Wikimedia Foundation •
Thematic organizations •
User groups •
Beta Cluster •
Software Releases •
- Wikimedia Foundation private and management wikis
Board • BoardGovCom • Foundation Governance • Office • Executive • Internal • Affiliations Committee • OTRS • Collab • Movement Roles • Audit Committee • Search Committee • Advisory Board • Quality • Usability Initiative • Strategic Planning • SP-Com • Stewards • CheckUser • Advisors
- External links
- www.Wikimedia.org — Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) portal to all of the major WMF projects
- WikimediaFoundation.org — original public wiki of Wikimedia Foundation, closed July 2018, now a WordPress blog
- Wikimedia Foundation Vision — at the WikimediaFoundation.org blog
- Wikimedia movement — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- Complete list of Wikimedia projects — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- Template:Table of Wikimedia projects — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- List of Wikimedia projects by size (sortable) — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- SiteMatrix table of all Wikimedia wikis — listed by language, project, inter-project link, and interwiki, at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki, along with list of all private and management wiki
- Toolserver: Wiki server assignments — formerly at Wikimedia Toolserver, now at MediaWiki.org
- Current status Wikimedia Foundation - Core services — public website health status for WMF, at Status.Wikimedia.org, Wikimedia Status
- Wikimedia Statistics – Wikistats – comprehensive statistics by project — Wikistats v1 (public domain) (final release, 31 January 2019) from Erik Zachte, Stats.Wikimedia.org at Wikimedia Statistics
- Wikimedia Statistics – All wikis — Wikistats v2 (Creative Commons CC0), Stats.Wikimedia.org at Wikimedia Statistics
- Wikiscan statistics — independent statistics site on Wikipedia and other wikis hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation (Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0), at Wikiscan.org
- Database dump progress — list of live database dumps at Wikimedia Downloads, at Dumps.Wikimedia.org
- Wikimedia Interactive Statistics[dead link] — from Wikistatistics.net – archived spapshot from archive.is
- Special Wikimedia Projects by size — sortable list from WikiStats by S23.org (last updated 11 September 2011, but still useful information)
- plain-text database list — at NOC.Wikimedia.org, Wikimedia NOC
- Wikimedia Grid Report — multiple detailed performance graphs from Ganglia.Wikimedia.org
- Phabricator — formerly Bugzilla.Wikimedia.org, now Phabricator.Wikimedia.org, for bug reporting, tracking, and software development
- Public Mailing Lists — at Lists.Wikimedia.org, Wikimedia Lists
- #wikimedia-space:matrix.org — Wikimedia space – unofficial Wikimedia Community space Matrix-channel at Matrix.org
- Wikimedia.org site info — from Alexa.com
- Wikipediocracy — an extensive highly detailed WordPress blog and internet forum exposing the light of scrutiny into the dark crevices of Wikipedia and its related Wikimedia projects
- Twitter feed
- Facebook page
- Instagram galleries
- LinkedIn profile
- Further reading
- Bell, Dan (editor) (August 2009); The Wiki Handbook: THE How To on Wiki, Complete Expert's hints and tips guide by the leading experts, everything you need to know about Wiki; ; Emereo Publishing; ISBN 1742441661; paperback; 140 pages.