Template talk:People on WikiIndex
Being a userbox is not a purpose.
- What do You intend to achive with this new template?
- What is the criteria for adding a user?
- What is the criteria for removing a user?
- When should it be updated?
- Who should update it?
- Where should it appear?
- For whom is it of use?
- In how far does it improve WikiIndex?
- Why does the established Category:Active contributors to this wiki does not suffice?
I concur that the purpose of this template is unclear and dubious. In my view, it adds nothing except to create a stronger 'social network' atmosphere, which we do not need here. Thank you for removing the template from my userpage; I was going to do that myself. Llwy-ar-lawr (talk) 20:58, 9 October 2014 (UTC)
I am fine with this template being here and see no need to either hinder its use among interested people nor delete the template. MarkDilley
- A template without a declared purpose? I'm very sceptical regarding the IMHO far too rigid relevance criteria especially on de.wikipedia. But I would not go that far, that I would say relevance is irrelevant altogether. So then, can You tell me what the relevance of this template is for this wiki? Can You answer the above questions in any way? At other occasions, when I plunge an established template like the UserInfo:  on User:Lightboard_Smith, than I get it reversed. So why then would we need another template like that? that is only complicating the structure of this wiki and does not serve a purpose to balance the complication. I'm saying that in the beginning of the development when it is still easy to clean up. Not like the notorious template inactive which seriously interrupted the functioning of this wiki and takes a hell of work to clean it up later on, including the unfinished "endless" discussion to even start with. Manorainjan (talk) 10:45, 27 October 2014 (UTC)