- Not to be confused with TrashWiki.
|Wiki Size:||881 pages see stats...|
|wikiFactor:||11 info / verify ...|
(Page count as of: 2021-06-19
wikiFactor as of: 2013-07-06)
Trashwiki is a collaborative world wide guide of creating value from recycling trash. It focuses on international exchange for information about dumpster diving in many countries, and contains specific tips that may be valuable for those interested in freeganism.
Trashwiki is a non-profit no-budget project. The domain name, server space, and tech support is happily provided by guaka. There are some other people with access to this server, but they're all trusted people who either dumpster dive themselves or otherwise have the right spirit (e.g. Wikimini is running on the same machine).
As of January 2011, Trashwiki has over 500 articles. The website makes use of the MediaWiki software, and allows anonymous edits. It's possible to log in through OpenID. On 23 March 2009, Trashwiki moved to a faster server running on 100% carbon dioxide-free hydro energy.
When founded, Trashwiki originally released its content under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). It subsequently changed to the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike 3.0 unported license (CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0).
Trashwiki is hosted on the Wiki.yt wiki farm.
- Similar or related free culture wiki
- Sharewiki — a place for initiatives that promote sharing.
- Hitchwiki — dedicated to hitchhiking.
- Nomadwiki — info and tips for nomads about shoestring budget traveling.
- TrashWiki — the wiki of an Italian project for the reuse of old computers to overcome the digital gap.
- External links