[No Mobile URL]
|Founded by:||Gerard Foley|
|Wiki license:||Public domain (generic)|
- from the WikiKnowledge About page
WikiKnowledge was a free information database owned by Gerard Foley from Ireland that anyone could edit. It used wiki software allowing any user to edit nearly any page.
There are 6,212 total pages in the database. Excluding those, there are 1,950 pages that are probably legitimate content pages, (2008-10-11 – from Archive.org).
|Wiki size:||1,950 article pages see stats|
|wikiFactor:||5 info / verify|
(Page count as of: 2008-10-11
wikiFactor as of: 2008-02-04)
- BE BOLD! in updating pages.
- Neutral point of view.
- No personal attacks.
- No censorship.
- Content is in the public domain unless otherwise marked. See image pages for image copyright info.
- Respect copyright.
- Gerard Foley is the ultimate authority on any matter.
It is hoped that we will have a more relaxed atmosphere here, where general conversation is allowed on talk pages, and userboxes are welcome! Go out and have fun!
What WikiKnowledge does and does not contain
Because WikiKnowledge is not just an encyclopedia, it can contain stuff Wikipedia does not. Note that this list is just a basic guide and may change over time.
WikiKnowledge can contain:
- Encyclopedia style articles.
- How to guides, such as how to play chess or a video game. See Super Mario 64 for an example.
- Dictionaries. See Japanese for an example.
- Source texts. The text must be under a free license but does not have to be in the Public Domain. See Bible for an example.
- News stories. If you are writing a news story please use the News namespace. For example News:India successfully test-fires Agni-III missile.
- Useful deleted pages from other wikis. See Help:TransWiki for more information.
WikiKnowledge does not contain:
- A collection of images or other media files. Images should only be uploaded if they are going to be used in an article. This is simply due to space constraints and may be relaxed as the site grows.