World Naked Bike Ride
|World Naked Bike Ride|
[No Mobile URL]
|Wiki license:||No license|
|Wiki size:||476 article pages see stats|
|wikiFactor:||75 info / verify|
(Page count as of: 2022-05-15
wikiFactor as of: 2018-06-09)
World Naked Bike Ride (WNBR) is a highly organised wiki site, operational since 2005, on the very interesting activity of organised cycle rides whilst naked!
Print and broadcast media are actively canvassed to cover the events to publicise their aims. Its dress code is "Bare As You Dare"... there is no compulsion to cycle completely naked if you are personally uncomfortable, and some cyclists will partake with just their intimate parts covered.
To quote directly from their welcome page:
"Every year, in cities around the world, people ride bikes naked to celebrate cycling, and the human body.
The ride demonstrates the vulnerability of cyclists on the road, and is a protest against car culture.
Most rides in 2022 will take place around the following dates:
- Southern Hemisphere: March 2022
- Northern Hemisphere: June 2022.
The wiki is supplementary to the official World Naked Bike Ride website.
On this site you'll find a list of rides around the world. Please sign up to one of these, or start your own! See the sections below for more information.
Ride coordinators can also edit pages using this site's democratic wiki system (using the 'edit' tab at the top of each page and beside each headline).
Note for journalists: Press and media are advised to check the list of rides for local press contacts. Some locations have their own press enquiry pages (eg: UK press enquiries)."
- See also
- External links
- WorldNakedBikeRide.org — official website
- World Naked Bike Ride — on the English Wikipedia
- World Naked Bike Ride — at WikiApiary.com (founded 2011), the wiki site for detailed information on all MediaWiki-powered websites
- BikeWars.co.uk — the United Kingdom WNBR site with photos
- World Naked Bike Ride flickr gallery
- Critical-Mass.info — outdated but still useful