|Dr. Carl McBride Ellis|
This Carl McBride person article is a wiki person 'stub'. If you like exploring wiki people articles, researching and verifying their biographies, you can help by this stub article, thanks. :-)
Dr. Carl McBride Ellis, PhD is a research scientist who until September 2018 was working at the Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED) in Spain. He now works as a private sector Data Scientist.
Carl is the founder of SklogWiki; a wiki for the thermodynamics, statistical mechanics, and computer simulation of materials, community. In 2009, McBride presented a paper detailing an important metric to assess importance of a wiki site, naming it wikiFactor (wF).
- University of Bath, Bath, England, 1990 to 1993 – BSc. Physics (Department of Physics)
- University of Salford, Salford, England, 1993 to 1995 – MSc. Computational Physics (Department of Physics)
- Durham University, Durham, England, 1996 to 1999 – PhD Computer Simulation of Liquid Crystals
- Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), 2005 to 2008
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 2008 to 2013
- Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia (UNED), 2013 to 2018
- Selected publications
- McBride, Carl (February 2009); wikiFactor: a measure of the importance of a wiki site; Universidad Complutense de Madrid; eprint arXiv:0902.3439.
- Dr. Carl McBride Ellis; Friedel.UNED.es; accessed 13 July 2021.
- Carl McBride, Ph.D – Mathematics Genealogy Project; Genealogy.Math.NDSU.NoDak.edu; Mathematics Genealogy Project ID, North Dakota State University, Fargo, North Dakota 58108-6050; accessed 13 July 2021.
- External links
- home page
- ORCID iD (CC0)
- Carl McBride's articles on arXiv
- Web of Science ResearcherID – A-7896-2008
- Google Scholar ID
- Scopus Author ID 56224746400
- kaggle page