|Wiki Size:||58,027 pages see stats...|
|wikiFactor:||28 info / verify ...|
Starting in July 2009, Judgepedia is sponsored by the Lucy Burns Institute. It was previously sponsored by the Sam Adams Alliance. Sponsorship includes some paid staff and associate writers, and underwriting the server space and other expenses. The project commenced in October 2007. Anyone may contribute.
Judgepedia strives to be a common resource. Judgepedia's contributors and users welcome responsible, knowledge-building contributions from anyone who wishes to participate as a content contributor. To cope with bot-vandalism and spamming, in Spring 2008 Judgepedia changed its settings so that before someone can edit a page, they must register with the site by setting up a user account. Users who engage in wiki-vandalism will be blocked, for the protection of the site's integrity.
Judgepedia follows the neutral point-of-view, or NPOV, ethic. This means that:
- Views should be represented without bias
- "Assert facts, including facts about opinions, but do not assert the opinions themselves," as it says on Wikipedia
- Do not give undue weight to one viewpoint
- Exercise fairness of tone
- Good research, verifiability and reliability of sources are core values
- See also