|Wiki Size:||6,185 pages see stats...|
|wikiFactor:||16 info / verify ...|
(Page count as of: 2018-09-06, wikiFactor as of: 2018-09-06)
Croatian / Hrvatski (hr) • Czech / Česky (cs) • Danish / Dansk (da) • Dutch / Nederlands (nl) • English (en) • Estonian / Eesti (et) • French / Français (fr) • German / Deutsch (de) • Greek / Ελληνικά (el) • Hungarian / Magyar (hu) • Icelandic / Íslenska (is) • Italian / Italiano (it) • Macedonian / Македонски (mk) • Norwegian / Norsk (bokmål) (no) • Polish / Polski (pl) • Portuguese / Português (pt) • Romanian / Română (ro) • Slovakian / Slovenčina (sk) • Spanish / Español (es) • Swedish / Svenska (sv)
Metapedia – the alternative encyclopedia — is a white supremacist, pro-European encyclopedia covering what they see as culture, art, science, philosophy, and politics. Some people may be offended the racist nature of this site's content.
The word 'Metapedia' is derived from two concepts from classical greek: 'meta' that means 'outside' or 'beyond'; and 'enkyklios paideia' that means 'encyclopaedia'. The name has a dual symbolic meaning:
- Metapedia sets its focus on topics that usually are not covered in, i.e., that falls outside of, mainstream encyclopaedias;
- Metapedia has a metapolitical purpose, to influence the mainstream debate, culture, and historical view.
- 2006 — Swedish version is launched, followed by the Danish version
- 2007 — German and English versions are launched together, followed by the French version, then the Portuguese and Czech versions, October sees the Slovak and the Spanish versions, and December sees the Hugarian version
- 2008 — Romanian version is launched
- 2009 — Norwegian version is launched, followed by the Estonian version
- 2011 — Dutch version is launched
- Mission statement 
- "Being able to present one's own definitions of concepts, as well as interpretations of various phenomena and historical events is a vital part of every metapolitical and cultural struggle. This is more important than ever in these modern times, where many concepts have been distorted and lost their original meaning – which can be regarded as a result of our political opponents' successful cultural struggle.
- The possibility to influence the language is vital if you want to shape people's world view. The Frankfurt School, and their ideological heirs are good examples in this regard, and have been very successful in stigmatising previously natural and sound values and attitudes, and making them seem pathological by inventing and popularising concepts such as 'xenophobia' and the like. This clearly illustrates the power of language and words, and it is therefore important that we start re-conquering our languages.
- Another important purpose of Metapedia is to become a web resource for pro-European activists. Metapedia makes it easy for our cadres to expand their knowledge on various important subjects, and also functions as a searchable reference.
- Furthermore, Metapedia gives us the opportunity to present a more balanced and fair image of the pro-European struggle for the general public, as well as for academics, who until now, have been dependent on strongly biased and hostile 'researchers' like Searchlight, Anti-Defamation League, Southern Poverty Law Center, Simon Wiesenthal Center, and such.
- Metapedia welcomes those who willing to contribute constructively to this noble effort."
Metapedia was added to spam blacklists of the German[when?] and French Wikipedias,[when?] and in 2008 was added to the global Wikimedia blacklist. There was dispute as to whether Metapedia posed an actual spam problem, or whether its content was simply illegal under the laws of some countries; for example, laws against Holocaust denial or against hate speech. But these discussions might seem pointless, because Wikipedia is based in the United States of America, and in the USA, there are no laws against holocaust denial. Also Google does not show any content of Metapedia any more, only information about Metapedia.
- External links
- Metapedia.org — Metapedia portal
- Twitter feed
- Facebook page
- Metapedia — on RationalWiki
- Metapedia — on English Wikipedia
- WikiStats – List of Metapedias — sortable list table of Metapedia wiki sites from Wikistats 2.2 at WikiStats.WMCloud.org; MediaWiki statistics, hosted by Wikimedia Cloud Services (WMCS)
- List of Metapedias — from WikiStats by S23.org