SofaWiki is a file-based CMS built from PHP. It uses concepts of MediaWiki, but without MySQL, which makes it extremely portable. Pages written in SofaWiki can also have freely defined fields from which relational database queries can be built.
- Complete version control with history on each page and diff tool;
- Compatible to MediaWiki syntax, so you can migrate to MediaWiki as a fallback;
- Fine grained user rights;
- Extensible with using transclusion with templates, parsers and functions;
- Custom design with skins and CSS;
- Multilanguage content by default, Unicode UTF-8 encoding, DeepL translation support in the editor;
- Works with PHP5 or PHP7 and no database needed, simple backup;
- Fast server for 100,000 pages and more;
- HTML 5 templates;
- Semantic fields make SofaWiki a searchable database either through the Relation function;
- Open source, free license.
- External links