WikiIndex:Spring 2011 Upgrade Path
WikiIndex - wikis, wiki people, wiki software, and wiki ideas
NOTICE: SPRING HAS BEEN EXTENDED TILL JUNE 30TH, ALMOST THERE FOLKS!
- First - please weigh in over at WikiIndex:NewLogoDecision
- Second - look through these and make sure it represents what you would like to happen here.
data from Special:Version
- Installed extensions: SpecialInterwiki, CharInsert, InputBox, ParserFunctions, ConfirmEdit, SpamBlacklist,
- Extensions to install: Cite, Renameuser, Semantic MediaWiki, Semantic Drilldown, Semantic Forms, Replace Text, WhosOnline, (AntiBot (used in Wikipedia) or Check Spambots)
- Extensions to install: AbuseFilter, Title Blacklist, CategoryTree, TorBlock, AntiSpoof, Nuke, CheckUser, TitleKey, OpenDocument Export
- Add an analytics package
check these above
- SimpleAntiSpam extension
- Semantic MediaWiki
- CITE for references
- Check Spambots
- Update captcha
- Replace text
- Upgrade Whos Online switched to WhosOnline
- Does the host have the DBA extension for PHP installed? The readme says it'll improve performance.
- Concerning DBA: If I get this page right it would be better to have APC rather than DBA.
- Next releases MediaWiki would need PHP 5.2.3 so we need to ensure that the new host has that version installed. It should also have MySQL 5.1 or later via: suggested
- this wiki is already running PHP 5.2.3 and MySQL 5.1.41
- Might need if recaptcha doesn't work: