Also known as Dashboards and Data Downloads for Wikimedia Projects, Wikimedia Analytics publishes various sets of data that have been compiled by community and staff of the Wikimedia Foundation. All information published; ie, data, charts, and any other type of content is released under the terms of the Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication (CC0).
Wikimedia Analytics is the 'dashboard' portal for Browser Statistics, and Vital Signs, – both powered by Dashiki, along with the new 'Wikistats 2' with its high-level metrics from Wikimedia Statistics. It also functions as the 'downloads' portal for the huge amount of datasets, and downloads from Wikimedia Downloads.
The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. (WMF), founded 20 June 2003, is the wiki company and non-profit charitable organization responsible for a very large number (over 900 in total) of very active wiki sites, grouped together and known as 'projects'; as well as the wiki engine software initially developed by themselves, known as MediaWiki. The Wikimedia Foundations' major wiki projects include Wikipedia (encyclopedias), Wiktionary (dictionary and thesaurus), Wikiquote (quotations), Wikibooks (open content textbooks), Wikisource (free content primary- and secondary-source texts), Wikinews (news source), Wikiversity (open learning community), Wikispecies (free species directory), and many others as listed below. Most of these projects have separate wiki site versions written in many different languages. There is also the Wikimedia Commons (shared repository for documents, images, videos, and other media and text files), Wikidata (central space knowledge base for data used on all WMF projects), and the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki (coordination of issues common to all Wikimedia projects). The Wikimedia Foundations' global reach is nurtured in its Incubator, where all new language versions for all projects are initiated and developed before being launched as a new separate wiki site. The Foundations' most recent major project, Wikivoyage (a 'travelpedia'), was inducted to WMF in late 2012.
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is a member of the Open Source Initiative (OSI). Furthermore, the Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, granted April 2005, headquartered at 1 Montgomery Street, Suite 1600, San Francisco County, State of California 94104, United States of America.
Wikipedia • Wiktionary • Wikiquote • Wikibooks • Wikisource • Wikinews • Wikiversity • Wikispecies • MediaWiki.org • Wikidata • Commons • Commons Archive • Wikivoyage • Meta-Wiki • Incubator • Wikitech • Wikimedia Foundation •
Thematic organizations •
User groups •
Beta Cluster •
Software Releases •
- Wikimedia Foundation private and management wikis
Board • BoardGovCom • Foundation Governance • Office • Executive • Internal • Affiliations Committee • OTRS • Collab • Movement Roles • Audit Committee • Search Committee • Advisory Board • Quality • Usability Initiative • Strategic Planning • SP-Com • Stewards • CheckUser • Advisors
- External links
- www.Wikimedia.org — Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) portal to all of the major WMF projects
- WikimediaFoundation.org — original public wiki of Wikimedia Foundation, closed July 2018, now a WordPress blog
- Wikimedia Foundation Vision — at the WikimediaFoundation.org blog
- Wikimedia movement — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- Complete list of Wikimedia projects — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- Template:Table of Wikimedia projects — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- List of Wikimedia projects by size (sortable) — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- SiteMatrix table of all Wikimedia wikis — listed by language, project, inter-project link, and interwiki, at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki, along with list of all private and management wiki
- Toolserver: Wiki server assignments — formerly at Wikimedia Toolserver, now at MediaWiki.org
- Current status Wikimedia Foundation - Core services — public website health status for WMF, at Status.Wikimedia.org, Wikimedia Status
- Wikimedia Statistics – Wikistats – comprehensive statistics by project — Wikistats v1 (public domain) (final release, 31 January 2019) from Erik Zachte, Stats.Wikimedia.org at Wikimedia Statistics
- Wikimedia Statistics – All wikis — Wikistats v2 (Creative Commons CC0), Stats.Wikimedia.org at Wikimedia Statistics
- Wikiscan statistics — independent statistics site on Wikipedia and other wikis hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation (Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0), at Wikiscan.org
- Database dump progress — list of live database dumps at Wikimedia Downloads, at Dumps.Wikimedia.org
- Wikimedia Interactive Statistics[dead link] — from Wikistatistics.net – archived spapshot from archive.is
- Special Wikimedia Projects by size — sortable list from WikiStats by S23.org (last updated 11 September 2011, but still useful information)
- plain-text database list — at NOC.Wikimedia.org, Wikimedia NOC
- Wikimedia Grid Report — multiple detailed performance graphs from Ganglia.Wikimedia.org
- Phabricator — formerly Bugzilla.Wikimedia.org, now Phabricator.Wikimedia.org, for bug reporting, tracking, and software development
- Public Mailing Lists — at Lists.Wikimedia.org, Wikimedia Lists
- #wikimedia-space:matrix.org — Wikimedia space – unofficial Wikimedia Community space Matrix-channel at Matrix.org
- Wikimedia.org site info — from Alexa.com
- Wikipediocracy — an extensive highly detailed WordPress blog and internet forum exposing the light of scrutiny into the dark crevices of Wikipedia and its related Wikimedia projects
- Twitter feed
- Facebook page
- Instagram galleries
- LinkedIn profile
- Further reading
- Bell, Dan (editor) (August 2009); The Wiki Handbook: THE How To on Wiki, Complete Expert's hints and tips guide by the leading experts, everything you need to know about Wiki; ; Emereo Publishing; ISBN 1742441661; paperback; 140 pages.