Wikimedia Steward Wiki
The Wikimedia Steward Wiki, more commonly known as Steward Wiki, is a private MediaWiki site controlled by the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF). The purpose of the wiki is to allow very specific users with global steward permissions across all WMF sites to have a workspace to collaberate and discuss proceedings. The wiki is completely private except for the Main Page, due to the fact that sensitive information regarding check user and Oversight tools, both of which stewards have access to, are often included in the wiki's pages. The Steward Wiki is not unified as part of WMF CentralAuth, and therefore global accounts on public wikis like Wikipedia cannot be used to access the Steward wiki. Only select accounts can be created by site administrators, and accounts are only given to users with global steward access. Jimmy Wales, the founder of the WMF, also has access.
Its sidebar contains a section titled 'Stewardry on Meta', with links to the Meta-Wiki for the Steward handbook and Admin activity review. It also contains 'Help and coordination', with links including: Steward elections, internal procedures, global IP block exempts log (GIPBE log), proposals, open cases, and meetings.
|Wiki Size:||UnknownSize see stats...|
The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. (WMF), founded 20 June 2003, is the wiki company and non-profit charitable organization responsible for a very large number (over 900 in total) of very active wikis, grouped together and known as 'projects'; as well as the wiki engine software initially developed by themselves, known as MediaWiki. The Foundations' major wiki projects include Wikipedia (encyclopedias), Wiktionary (dictionary and thesaurus), Wikiquote (quotations), Wikibooks (open content textbooks), Wikisource (free content primary and secondary source texts), Wikinews (news source), Wikiversity (open learning community), Wikispecies (free species directory), and many others as listed below. Most of these projects have separate wiki versions written in many different languages. There is also the Wikimedia Commons (shared repository for documents, images, videos, and other media files), Wikidata (central space knowledge base for data used on all WMF projects), and the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki (coordination of issues common to all Wikimedia projects). The Foundations' global reach is nurtured in its Incubator, where all new language versions for all projects are initiated and developed before being rolled out. Its most recent major project, Wikivoyage (a 'travelpedia'), was inducted to WMF in late 2012.
Wikipedia • Wiktionary • Wikiquote • Wikibooks • Wikisource • Wikinews • Wikiversity • Wikispecies • MediaWiki.org • Wikidata • Commons • Wikivoyage • Meta-Wiki • Incubator • Labs • Wikitech • Chapters • Wikimania • Outreach • Toolserver • Toolforge • Statistics • Phabricator • Beta Cluster • Downloads • Analytics • Software Releases • Documentation • Blog • Shop • Donate • Login
- Wikimedia Foundation private and management wikis
Board • BoardGovCom • Foundation Governance • Office • Executive • Internal • Affiliations Committee • OTRS • Collab • Movement Roles • Audit Committee • Search Committee • Advisory Board • Quality • Usability Initiative • Strategic Planning • SP-Com • Stewards • CheckUser • Advisors
- External links
- www.Wikimedia.org — portal to all of the major WMF projects
- Wikimedia Foundation Vision — at the WikimediaFoundation.org blog
- WikimediaFoundation.org — original public wiki of Wikimedia Foundation, closed July 2018
- Complete list of Wikimedia projects — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- Template:Table of Wikimedia projects — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- List of Wikimedia projects by size (sortable) — at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- SiteMatrix table of all Wikimedia wikis — listed by language, project, inter-project link, and interwiki, at Wikimedia Meta-Wiki, along with list of all private and management wiki
- Toolserver: Wiki server assignments — formerly at Wikimedia Toolserver, now at MediaWiki.org
- Current status Wikimedia Foundation - Core services — public website health status for WMF, at Status.Wikimedia.org, Wikimedia Status
- Wikimedia Statistics – Wikistats – comprehensive statistics by project — Wikistats v1 (public domain) (final release, 31 January 2019) from Erik Zachte, Stats.Wikimedia.org at Wikimedia Statistics
- Wikimedia Statistics – All wikis — Wikistats v2 (Creative Commons CC0), Stats.Wikimedia.org at Wikimedia Statistics
- Wikiscan statistics — independent statistics site on Wikipedia and other wikis hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation, at Wikiscan.org
- Database dump progress — list of live database dumps at Wikimedia Downloads, at Dumps.Wikimedia.org
- Wikimedia Interactive Statistics[dead link] — from Wikistatistics.net – archived spapshot from archive.is
- Special Wikimedia Projects by size — sortable list from WikiStats by S23.org (last updated 11 September 2011, but still useful information)
- plain-text database list — at NOC.Wikimedia.org, Wikimedia NOC
- Wikimedia Grid Report — multiple detailed performance graphs from Ganglia.Wikimedia.org
- Phabricator — formerly Bugzilla.Wikimedia.org, now Phabricator.Wikimedia.org, for bug reporting, tracking, and software development
- Public Mailing Lists — at Lists.Wikimedia.org, Wikimedia Lists
- Wikimedia.org site info — from Alexa.com
- Wikipediocracy — an extensive highly detailed WordPress blog and internet forum exposing the light of scrutiny into the dark crevices of Wikipedia and its related Wikimedia projects
- Further reading
- Bell, Dan (editor) (August 2009); The Wiki Handbook: THE How To on Wiki, Complete Expert's hints and tips guide by the leading experts, everything you need to know about Wiki; ; Emereo Publishing; ISBN 1742441661; paperback; 140 pages.